Flavor of Nepal
DISCOVER YOUR NEXT EXPERIENCES, AND PLACES.
Indian, Chinese, and Tibetan influences are all prominent in the wonderfully distinctive and delectable cuisine of Nepal. From the classic Momo dumplings to the spicy Chow Mein meals that are common in Kathmandu eateries, Nepalese cuisine provides a diversity of flavors.
Nepalese foods have been decent, not so spicy but very delicious. Momo is Nepal’s version of dumplings, and usually contain steamed vegetables or meat. Momo is usually accompanied by one or two dips, often with a tomato base or fermented vegetables.
Condiments in Nepal are sometimes quite spicy, and often contain raw chili and garlic. Another winter favorite, Gorkhali lamb is an intense and filling curry dish. The curry is chunky and involves slow cooking the lamb, adding chunky potatoes and roughly chopped onions. For more flavor, the lamb is often grilled and sealed with a chili mixture before being transferred to the sauce. The staple food of Nepal is Dal Bhat and Tarkari and it is the most famous and prominent in Nepalese terrains. Thakali Khana Set is a popular food. If you are visiting Nepal, it is a must-try Nepali food. It is one of the most famous Nepali foods in Nepal.
Day 1: ARRIVE KATHMANDU
Arrival at Kathmandu International airport. Meet & welcome by our representative & transfer to hotel. Welcome drink followed by tour briefing. Rest of the day is free for personal activities. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 2: DRIVE KATHMANDU - NAGARKOT
Breakfast & proceed for the full-day sightseeing tour to Kathmandu valley covering Pashupatinath temple- holiest and oldest Hindu temple, Boudhanath stupa- one of the biggest stupas of the world and Swoyambhunath stupa known as monkey temple- oldest Buddhist stupa situated on a hillock overlooking Kathmandu valley and eastern Himalayan ranges. Return & checkout from the hotel and drive for Nagarkot. En –route visit Bhaktapur Durbar square- the finest durbar square of the valley where one can visit golden gate, Palace of 55 windows, Nyatapole temple etc. Finally arrive Nagarkot and check into the hotel. Evening enjoys golden panoramic view of eastern Himalaya with sunset. Overnight stay at hotel at Nagarkot.
Day 3: DRIVE NAGARKOT - KURINTAR
After breakfast proceeds for Kurintar. Check in to the hotel. Refreshment and proceed for Manakamana Temple by cable car (Optional). Return to the highway. Overnight stay at Kurintar.
Day 4: KURINTAR - POKHARA
After breakfast drive to Pokhara observing the scenic views on the national highway along the Trishuli River. Upon arrival, check into the hotel. Evening walk around the tourist area of Lake Side and enjoy the view of western Himalayan ranges with Mt Fishtail. Return to hotel and overnight.
Day 5: FLY POKHARA - JOMSOM
Transfer to Pokhara airport for flight to Jomsom. Arrive Jomsom after about 30 minutes unique flight & transfer to the hotel. Check in & get refreshed and visit around Jomsom village - Kali Gandaki Saligram area, Museum etc. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 6: JOMSOM – MARPHA VILLAGE - JOMSOM TOUR
Breakfast & proceed for full day local Marpha village sightseeing on Pony/ local jeep (Subject to available). Visit unique Marpha village, including monastery, apple farming etc. Return to Jomsom and rest of the day is free to explore your own. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 7: JOMSOM / POKHARA FLIGHT + POKHARA TOUR
Wake up early to witness the breathtaking sunrise and Himalayan view from your hotel rooftop. After breakfast, leave for sightseeing tour of Pokhara valley covering Davi's Fall, Tibetan Refugee Camp, Seti gorge & Fewa Lake with1 hour boat ride on Lake Fewa. Rest of the day visit around Lake Areas. Return to hotel & overnight.
Day 8: FLIGHT POKHARA - KATHMANDU
Breakfast & flight back to Kathmandu. Arrive Kathmandu and check into hotel. Rest of the day is free for personal activities – shopping, visiting around tourist hub of Thamel etc. Finally return to hotel & overnight.
Day 9: DEPARTURE FROM KATHMANDU
Breakfast & check out from hotel. Timely transfer to the airport for flight to your onward destination.
- Assistance on Arrival.
- Hotel Accommodation on twin / double sharing basis.
- Meal Plan CP (Bed, Breakfast only)
- Vehicles are not to be at disposal and are available as per itinerary only (point to point basis).
- Pokhara/Jomsom and Pokhara/Jomsom flight
- Jomsom / Marpha Village / Jomsom by local jeep
- All sightseeing and excursions as mentioned in the itinerary.
- All transfers & sightseeing by private Air condition vehicle.
- All vehicle parking fees at the attractions.
- Rates are for Indian and Nepali Customers only.
- Kathmandu to Kathmandu only.
- Air fare / train fare.
- Guide or escort charges & Monuments Entrance fees during sightseeing.
- Camera Charges / Jeep Safari / Camel Safari / Elephant Ride Charges.
- Expenses of personal nature such as tips & gratuity, mineral water, telephone calls, laundry, soft & hard drink, Insurance etc.
- Additional adventurous activities like Rafting, Rock Climbing, Paragliding, Cable car, Yak ride, Toy Train Ride, Helicopter ride etc.
- Any other item not specified in the Package Inclusions.
- Supplement will be applicable for Single occupancy.
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
- Entrance Fees & Camera charges, Guide charges.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc (to be borne by the client and is directly payable on the spot).
- Room Heater Charges. Anything not specified in the inclusion.