Mt-Cho Oyu Expedition
WISDOM OF CLIMBING MOUNTAINS
This mountain is considered the easiest among 8,000 meters high Himalayan Mountains for climbing due to non-existent of technical difficulties and objective dangers . It lies west of Mt. Everest on the border between Tibet and Nepal.
Mount Cho-Oyu is the world’s 6th highest peak at (8,201m/26,906ft) above sea level. It lies 20 km west of Mt. Everest on the border between Tibet ( China) and Nepal. This mountain is considered the easiest among 8,000 meters high Himalayan Mountains for climbing due to non-existent of technical difficulties and objective dangers. According to legends ChoOyu is called ‘Turquoise God’ in Tibetan language and highly regarded in Tibet. Most of the Cho Oyu climbing expeditions are undertaken from Tibet side due to a relatively comfortable climbing route. From Nepal side, it is very difficult to organize the climbing expedition. Pioneer Adventure provides highly professional, well trained and qualified climbing Sherpas for Cho-Oyu expeditions. Many climbers demand Sherpas for the expedition as they are very knowledgeable and helpful in each and every step which makes the climbing easier and successful. Most of our groups who have gone with the Sherpa guides on the Cho-Oyu expedition are found to be successful in our past experiences. So, we highly recommend you to use our Sherpa guides for your upcoming Cho-Oyu expeditions from Tibet.
Cho-Oyu expedition will begin after your arrival in Lhasa. Here, we will process all the Cho Oyu expedition official formalities and sightseeing during your 2 days’ stay in Lhasa. Then, we will drive you in Toyota Land Cruiser or comfortable Mini bus to Shigatseand Shegar and ultimately set foot on Chinese Base Camp. This base camp is a temporary but comfortable with our Nepalese cook and dining tents. After Chinese Base Camp you need to walk to the advance base camp (ABC). From the advance base camp it will be some hours of strenuous walking on a wild path along the moraine-clad glacier until we begin the proper Cho-Oyu expedition following Camp I, Camp II to Camp III and then summit the peak. After the summit, we will descend to Camp 2 from the summit and continue further down to advance base camp and Base Camp. From Base Camp, we drive to Tingri and Nyalam and make entry to Kathmandu via. Kung. The best time for Cho-Oyu expedition in Tibet is the end of May to early June and the post-monsoon season from late September to early October.
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu & transfer to Hotel (1,300m/4,265ft)
Day 2: Preparation Day
Day 3: Drive from Kathmandu to Timure
Day 4: Drive to Kerung
Day 5: Drive to Thingri
Day 6: Acclimatization day in Thingri
Day 7: Drive to Chinese camp
Day 8: Acclimatization
Day 10: Trek to Middle camp
Day 11: Arrive at Advance base camp
Day 12-22: Climbing Period
Day 23: Trek down to Intermediate camp then Drive to Thingri
Day 24: Drive to Kerung
Day 25: Drive to Kathmandu
Day 26: Free day in Kathmandu
Day 27: Final Departure
Note: Above itinerary might be flexible with the time duration of Expedition Note: Due to member reason, if member have to depart earlier before the expedition ends, member have to bear all the transportation cost from Cho-Oyu Base Camp – Kathmandu If the Chinese government close the land entrance then we have to Fly from Kathmandu – Lhasa and member have to bear extra US $1000.00 including 2 nights in Lhasa
- International & Domestic Airport pick up and drop off
- 4 nights Hotel in Kathmandu with bed & breakfast in sharing basis
- Land Transportation & Cargo from Kathmandu – Chinese Camp and return back to Kathmandu
- Climbing Permit of Cho-Oyu Expedition & Tibet Entry Visa fee
- High way & Conservation charge
- All necessary transportation from Kathmandu to Base Camp and return to Kathmandu for all member & staff
- Yaks from Base Camp to Advance Base Camp to Base Camp
- Meals (Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner) with Hot Drinks/Tea/Coffee and Soup items including high foods during the trekking and expedition
- 1 Professional Climbing Sherpa Guide
- Well trained and experienced Cook and Kitchen Helpers
- Daily wages, Equipment, allowances, logistic etc. for Climbing guide, Cook & porter
- Accident & Medical Insurance for involved Nepalese Staffs for the expedition
- Kailas or The North Face or any other branded tent and each expedition member will have an individual tent available at the base camp
- Dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, hot shower tent, communication tent, mattress, pillow, table, chair and other necessary equipment for Base Camp
- Generator or Solar panel will be provided at Base camp for charging battery and other electronic devices
- Kailas or any other branded tent from Base Camp to C1, C2 & C3
- Oxygen (4ltr.) 3 bottles for Member and 3 bottles for each climbing Sherpa
- Top Out or Summit Mask & Regulator for each Member and climbing Sherpa
- In case of emergencies, sufficient oxygen and mask regulator available at our base camp (Note: US $500.00 per bottle if used)
- EPI gas and gas burner, dynamic climbing rope, ice screws, snow shovel, snow bars, carabineers etc.
- Satellite phone available for emergency communication (chargeable as per use).
- Walkie-talkie per member and climbing staff as required
- Availability of the daily weather forecast during the entire expedition
- Garbage Management and Disposal Fee
- Farewell dinner with expedition staff in a Nepali typical restaurant with cultural show in Kathmandu
- International flight tickets
- Nepal Entry Visa fee (To be applied for 90 days)
- Drone & Special filming permit
- Bank/wire transfer fees (if applicable)
- Lunch & Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Personal Travel, Medical, and Emergency Rescue Insurances.
- Personal Trekking and Climbing Gears
- Phone calls, internet, battery recharge, laundry, alcoholic beverages, bottled and canned beverages, specialty coffee or espresso drinks, etc.
- Summit Bonus for Climbing Sherpa US $ 1500.00..
- Tips for general staffs US $150.00 per Member (Mandatory)
- Tips for Cook and Kitchen helpers
- Any other service cost which are not included in the Cost Includes.